Saturday 3 March 2018

2D Background project


Tonal studies 





For this task we were asked to go onto a 2D background site and look at the shading in the images. to really look at where the light is in the image and what kind of different tones we could see. for this task I also decided to also use different materials to see how I could look at replicate tones using those materials.

 For the first image I used chalk. I found it really difficult to convey the right tones with the chalk so there are lots of darker colours in the image, however I found it really interesting using this different material and was able to create some really nice neutral grays.

For the second image I used oil pastels, I thought these were easier to use than the chalk however i had the opposite problem as i was able to get a really nice black and white but struggled to get any nice grays to create the different tones that the image needed

For the last two images I decided to used pen as I thought this would be different and an interesting material to work with. As you can see from the images they are more of a linear tones buti think i was able to get a really good tonal range in these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment