Saturday 3 March 2018

2D Background project

DOS (Directly Observed Studies)


Also for the 2D background project we had to create some sketches of real life plants and trees that we could possibly but in our final background. These are some of the directly observed studies I created.




This first image is of a pink blossom tree I found when I went home for the weekend in Cardiff. Pink blossom trees have always been some of my favourites as I love the different colour pinks that fill all the branches of the tree. I created this study very quickly using acrylic paint. Its a very rough painting but acrylic is definitely my favourite paint.





The next few images are some studies i created at comeston country park again in my hometown (Penarth) these are just some quick pencil studies of some trees and leaves that i found in the park that I might want to include into my background I really like the the look of the tree I drew on the right and i might try and combine this tree and the pink blossom tree in my final piece (I also added the really rough sketch of the bike in front of it to demonstrate the size of the tree).


Finally at the same country park I created a quick study of the lake thats there. I have always loved this country park and lake and have been going there since I was young so I think it would be really nice to try and incorporate it into my final background.




No comments:

Post a Comment