Saturday 3 March 2018

Motion Studies


Puppet Designs 

For our final task in stop motion we have to create a short scene of a human and dog talking about a kitten. For this task we are able to use the puppets from the university however we have to make our own dog puppets. 

These are some of the designs and measurements I have created for my dog puppet 
I have decided to create my puppets armature using wire and poly morph plastic. however for the bigger parts of the puppet such as the head and stomach area I am going to use a hard foam and cover it in poly morph so its more lightweight meaning that it will last much longer. My puppet is inspired and based on a Labrador/golden retriever as I used to have a golden retriever and I feel like I know what they look like the most compared to other dogs. I am still not sure what material to use as fur however I am thinking maybe i can just wrap light blonde wool around it ( therefore it will look more like a Labrador), I will need to test this out on my prototype. My dog puppet is called Poppy after my golden retriever. <3



my puppet is going to be about 11.5 cm in height, 10.2 cm in length and 5 cm in width however this may change if my it does not look right on my prototype dog. I am now going to create a prototype to see if these measurements work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment