Saturday 3 March 2018

Group Tea project


 Rotoscoping

For our tea project my group decided to create a short film in the style of Aardmans creature comforts.
The first thing we did was create some questions relating to tea and went out and interviewed people asking them these questions, I found this really interesting as we found some really good stories about tea. we then asked our editors of the group to create a live action edit of our video after we all decided which people and what information we wanted to be in it. once this was done we then decided which bits were going to be animated and which bits were going to be rotoscoped. Finally I asked people what they would prefer doing and assigned them tasks that I thought would best fit there skills. I put three people ( Carol, Alice and Maia) to be the animators and background artists of the group so they would be completing the task of animating the peoples stories and putting small animations next to the rotoscoped images. 
I then put three people (Myself, Drew and Jamie) to be the rotoscopers of the group so we would be rotoscoping the parts where people are just saying if they like tea and what they like.




Above I have an example of one of the people I was set to rotoscope (by our head rotoscoper Drew). this was the shortest piece in the film so I thought it would be good to start with him so I could get the hang of rotoscoping. 
I think my first try turned out really good, I definitely need to neaten it up a little but I thinking the shading looks good and I have used the right colours, however I am going to ask for feedback from our lecturer and Drew next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment