Thursday 8 March 2018

2D Background project


Animation background


with our 2D background we also need to do three types of research from a list given to us. I decided to do the city environment task, the draw in the style of an artist task and the draw ten animation backgrounds task. 
This is one my animation backgrounds, above you can see the image from the peter pan movie and below you can see my version of the image. I decided to do this drawing using photoshop and I felt like I should improve my skills because photoshop is something we use quite a lot on my course. I also decided to colour my image because I really like the nice shading in the original image and I wanted to try and replicate this (I have also decided to do 4 out of 10 of my drawings in colour).
I really like the way I created the trees and leaves as I feel they portray the original image well, however I think I could possibly improve the background of the image (the sky and foliage) as I feel that these are a bit to rushed and the don't represent the original image in a good way. Finally I think I could also improve my image by using a much less harsh outline colour as I think the black outlines I have done are to strong and it ruins some of the detail in the colouring, I think it would look much better if I was to outline it in a similar but darker colour to what I am outline 





No comments:

Post a Comment