Monday 19 March 2018

Experimental


Experimental stop motion 




this week I started to create my experimental video for this module. The brief of this piece was to create a short film (no longer than 90 seconds) about my life so I decided to make it about the people in my life as they are very important to me. for my experimental I have chosen to do a bit of pixelation, a bit of traditional 2d animation and stop motion. the first thing I did was create a puppet for the stop motion part of my video. To do this I used polymorph plastic for the solid areas and aluminium wire for the joints, I then covered the bits of skin that would be shown in plastercine and created a pair of jeans and a top out of some old clothes I had, I also used a yellow t shirt and cut it into strips to give my puppet its blonder hair.
this video is just over 30 seconds long which is a little less than I thought it was going to be however I still have a few things I need to shoot so I reckon my video is going to come to just over 80 seconds.
in this video you can see my puppet picking up and showing photos of me, my friends and my family. I have decided to also put the eyes and mouth on using tv paint 2d animation as I thought it would be less time consuming and look better, Overall I think this video is really good and will look even better with a face however I do think its a little bit to fast and occasionally the movements are not as fluid as they could be (mainly because my puppet kept falling over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment